Tring Park stands at the forefront of artistic specialist education in the UK. We offer a unique opportunity for young people who show an outstanding talent for the performing arts and aspire to an associated career, while still recognising the benefits of a fine academic education.
Range and Standard of Courses
In the Junior School, three and a half hours vocational training takes place in the morning, with academic teaching taking place in the afternoon. In the Middle and Senior Schools, the process is reversed with academic teaching undertaken in the morning and four and a half hours vocational training undertaken in the afternoon. In the Junior School, two vocational courses are offered, Dance and Theatre Arts (which includes Acting, Singing and Dance). Every Junior pupil also sings in a choir. The academic element follows the requirements of the National Curriculum with a full range of subjects.
In the Middle and Senior School there are the following vocational courses:
- Dance Course - Fourth Form to Third Year Sixth Form (Years 10-13)
- Performance Foundation Course - Fourth and Fifth Forms only (Years 10-11)
- Musical Theatre Course - Sixth Form only (Years 12-13)
- Acting Course - Sixth Form only (Years 12-13)
- Commercial Music Course - Sixth Form only (Years 12-13)
In the Academic Department in the Fourth and Fifth Forms, compulsory GCSE subjects include:
- English (Language and Literature)
- 2 Science subjects (most pupils take double award science (Foundation or Higher); some students take separate GCSE in Chemistry, Biology and Physics)
- 3 Options from the following: Religious Studies, Music, Art, Drama, Dance, Geography, History and ICT
- Drama GCSE as standard for all Drama students
Currently up to 11 GCSEs are offered. Our current 4th Form take a maximum of 12 as they are the last year able to study Performing Arts GCSE in 3rd Form.
In the Sixth Form, depending on academic ability, pupils will normally choose to study three or four A Level subjects. Please see the prospectuses for further details.
The School reserves the right to change course content and/or subjects offered without prior notice.