We are looking to appoint an experienced Brazilian Portuguese Tutor to teach GCSE students on a one to one to basis.
Tring Park School for the Performing Arts is one of the UK’s leading vocational and academic schools, situated in glorious countryside just half an hour from London. Working with 360 boarding and day pupils, aged 7 to 19, you will join a dedicated and supportive staff team within a school that offers the advantage of small classes with talented and committed students and strong public examination results.
We offer a wide range of benefits including a pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, free school lunches during term time, free onsite parking and enhanced maternity and paternity schemes.
About the role
Closing date 30th June 2023. Interview date tbc.
Teaching and Learning
- Deliver the GCSE Brazilian Portuguese curriculum as relevant on a one to one basis
- Prepare and develop teaching material as appropriate.
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of the pupil you teach.
- Maintain standards of discipline according to the school’s codes of conduct and in line with the school’s rewards and sanctions programmes.
Assessment and Recording
- To use an appropriate range of observation, assessment, monitoring and recording strategies, using data to set targets and plan lessons.
- To give pupil feedback – orally and through accurate and timely marking.
- To set prep/homework.
- Communicate progress/achievements with parents/carers using school systems/processes.
- Attend parent consultations.
- Clear commitment to implementing whole school/staff policies relating to the safeguarding of children
- Degree level qualification and high academic achievement
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of planning and teaching secondary curriculum
- Experience of teaching to a high standard
- The ability to promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- ICT competent
- Positive values and attitudes
- A commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion
- Highly effective communication skills with both children and adults, including parents and carers
- Highly effective time management skills
- Commitment to professional development
- Reliability and integrity
- Commitment to effective assessment and feedback for pupils
Step 1. Complete Application Form
Step 2. Apply via email
If you would like to apply for this role, please email us the Application Form along with a cover letter.
Tring Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a self-declaration form relating to any criminal record or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, with an environment where staff can thrive, regardless of their background. For information on how we will use your personal information during the recruitment process, please see the Staff Privacy Notice.