We are seeking an IT Technician to join a small in-house IT department, who provide support to all areas of the business.
Tring Park School for the Performing Arts is one of the UK’s leading vocational and academic schools, situated in glorious countryside just half an hour from London. Working with 360 boarding and day pupils, aged 7 to 19, you will join a dedicated and supportive staff team within a school that offers the advantage of small classes with talented and committed students and strong public examination results.
We offer a wide range of benefits including a pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, free school lunches during term time, free onsite parking and enhanced maternity and paternity schemes.
About the role
The role is 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with occasional flexibility required to cover events at the beginning and end of the school day.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all IT systems, hardware and software, which includes all printing, audio visual equipment, desktop and mobile devices. The majority of the time will be spent providing technical support, training and guidance to staff and students with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
This is a wide ranging and varied role that requires a versatile individual with the ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment, troubleshoot problems and resolve issues efficiently. The role will develop along with the candidate’s ability to take on additional responsibility. Ideally this will include an effective working knowledge of the school’s MIS ISAMS and the IT infrastructure, contributing to the development of these and all other relevant school areas.
* salary depending on experience. Occasional flexibility on working hours is required to cover events at the beginning and end of the school day.
- Providing first and second line support to the staff and student body
- Maintaining, updating & monitoring IT systems
- IT administration, adding users, asset tracking, MIS tasks
- Creating and updating IT documentation and help guides
- IT hardware replacement cycles
- Assisting with project delivery
- Demonstrable experience in customer facing technical support roles, 1st line support experience essential.
- Strong communication skills and highly articulate – whether in person, by phone or by email
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes
- Analytical and problem solving skills, a logical thinker
- Ability to work accurately and calmly under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Effective team working
- Good at relationship building and a calm and patient manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Accurate administration skills
- Reliability and integrity and must be trustworthy as will be handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to configure and fault find with:
- Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Active Directory & Group policy
- Networking, DHCP, DNS and VLAN’s
- Wireless, web filtering and antivirus management systems
- IT infrastructure
- Software packages
- Printers and audio visual equipment
- Commitment to professional development
- Clear commitment to implementing whole school/staff policies relating to the safeguarding of children
- Experience of working in a school environment
- Knowledge of school management information systems
- Experience with physical IT installations such as network, AV etc.
- SCCM / End point manager
Step 1. Complete Application Form
Step 2. Apply via email
If you would like to apply for this role, please email us the Application Form along with a cover letter.
Tring Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a self-declaration form relating to any criminal record or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, with an environment where staff can thrive, regardless of their background. For information on how we will use your personal information during the recruitment process, please see the Staff Privacy Notice.