We are looking for a self-employed Sports Therapist/Strength & Conditioning Coach to work 8 hours per month.
Tring Park School is one of the country’s leading vocational and academic schools, situated in the glorious Hertfordshire countryside just over half an hour from London. Working with 360 boarding and day pupils, aged 7 to 19, you will join a dedicated and supportive staff team within a school that offers the advantage of small classes, talented and committed students, with strong academic examination results.
About the role
The role will be responsible for providing a strength and conditioning service, rehabilitation of patients back to fitness, and where appropriate referrals onwards to relevant health care professionals.
Hours can be flexible (for example 4 hours every 2 weeks or 2 hours per week) but must be worked on a Monday to Wednesday. Applications close Wednesday 15th March at 5pm.
- Conduct a fitness-level assessment on students involved in dance and advise on appropriate exercises.
- Use strapping, taping and massage techniques when necessary.
- Rehabilitate injuries by using manual therapy techniques, exercise and therapeutic modalities
- Work alone or with the dance faculty or the physiotherapy team to implement exercise, conditioning, core stability and injury prevention programmes, so that dancers reach and maintain peak performance
- Design and monitor rehab programmes appropriate to the injury.
- Provide and manage a timetable for pupils to sign up to.
- Keep excellent records and administration.
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists (or equivalent)
- Sensitivity, especially when the injured patient’s skills and confidence are affected.
- The ability to recognise and manage risk.
- The ability to motivate and encourage others.
- Team work and excellent communication and inter personal skills.
- Clear commitment to implementing whole school/staff policies relating to the safeguarding of children
- Experience dealing with young elite athletes or dancers.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Massage Qualification
- Experience of working in a school environment.
- Track record of successful rehabilitation case studies.
Step 1. Complete Application Form
Step 2. Apply via email
If you would like to apply for this role, please email us the Application Form along with a cover letter.
Tring Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity with children. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a self-declaration form relating to any criminal record or information that would make them unsuitable to work with children. We’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, with an environment where staff can thrive, regardless of their background. For information on how we will use your personal information during the recruitment process, please see the Staff Privacy Notice.