Tring Park was built to a design of Sir Christopher Wren in 1685. After several owners the property was bought as a wedding present for Sir Nathaniel (later Lord) de Rothschild in 1872. Lord Rothschild’s family grew up and lived at Tring Park until the death of Lady Rothschild in 1935.
The house was used by the NM Rothschild & Sons bank during World War II before being taken over by the Arts Educational Schools in 1945. During the war years the Rothschild Mansion was used by the Rothschild Bank for administration and to house important documents which they wanted to store away from the bombing in the capital. The Mansion was also used as a hospital for people from the east end of London who were struggling with life and the blitz.