Performance Foundation Course
A Performance Foundation Course delivering a solid grounding in core techniques
The Performance Foundation Course is designed to act as the bedrock of a career in the Performing Arts.
The Performance Foundation Course aims to give all pupils aged 11-16 a full range of vocational skills together with a solid grounding in the Performing Arts. The Performance Foundation Junior Course covers ages 11-13. The Performance Foundation Course covers ages 14 - rising 16.
On the Performance Foundation Course, all pupils are given the opportunity to use and develop their skills by taking part in technique classes, workshops and live performances so that they are well equipped to embark on either the Acting, Musical Theatre or Commercial Music Courses at Sixth Form.
Helping you reach your potential
The Performance Foundation Course is delivered by a dynamic and dedicated team of teachers with extensive professional performance experience and a pupil-centred philosophy.
Through regular assessment and teacher-pupil feedback, the Performance Foundation Course ensures that each individual is encouraged to reach their vocational potential.
The Performance Foundation Course provides professional training in core acting skills including:
- Script work in classical and contemporary texts
- Voice work
- Improvisation and devised classes, developing pupils’ creative potential
- Theatre movement classes: exploring physicality and character development
Classes aim to build confidence and increase presentation skills, with a strong focus on consolidating the basic techniques required as an actor.
The Performance Foundation Course includes comprehensive training in singing:
- Solo singing classes to develop presentation skills and storytelling. We incorporate the Estill Model voice technique to promote healthy voice use
- Group singing classes to allow pupils to experience working as an ensemble, to improve learning by ear and harmony work
- Live public performances, which are auditioned for, helping to consolidate learning
The Performance Foundation Course provides a holistic dance training programme:
- Classical Ballet, Modern/Jazz and Tap dance classes with a strong emphasis on performance through dance
- Body Conditioning classes will help to build core strength, flexibility and cardio-vascular fitness
- Repertoire classes/ workshops where industry professionals teach repertoire direct from West End shows past and present
Pupils in years 10 and 11 have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects throughout the year covering Musical Theatre, Classical and Contemporary Theatre, devised work or Commercial Music genres, often resulting in a public performance
For further information please contact Louisa Shaw (Director of the Performance Foundation Course) on firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01442 821513